Choosing a school for your child can be a daunting process.
At NHP our aim is to educate children in the truest sense of the word - to light a fire, not simply fill a bucket.
In a nurturing and happy environment children are encouraged to question and explore on their journey to becoming life-long learners.
Here is a check list of five key facts about NHP to help you with your decision making:
1) NHP is non-selective. We do not assess pupils prior to entry in Reception, and thus we are mixed ability throughout the school.
2) NHP is a co-ed school. We believe the benefits of boys and girls being educated alongside each other are myriad.
3) NHP is a split-site school. We are housed in three buildings: a Victorian school house (Lower School), a purpose built building with a forest area (Middle School) and a bespoke modern building (Upper School), each with its own distinctive atmosphere and warmth. The Lower School caters for pupils from Reception to Year 3. They move to the Middle School for Year 3-5 and Upper School for Year 6 and beyond.
4) We provide a robust programme of preparation for exit to senior schools at both 11+ and 13+. We explicitly do not prepare children for 7+ or 8+ exams.
5) NHP has a considered informal style. Schools rules are kept to a minimum to ensure the safety and happiness of the children. Our pupils are given enough freedom to know and appreciate right from wrong - and to learn to act with integrity.
About Notting Hill Preparatory School